Saturday, July 24, 2010

Our Day at Amway: The Ripple Effect

On Wednesday, on our way back from Family Camp in Newaygo, Michigan, we stopped by Amway Corporation. After visiting, all too briefly, with some old and new friends, including all from The Amway Insider, we popped in at the World Headquarters Welcome Center.
On the second floor are the doors leading to Amway's President Doug DeVos and Chairman Steve Van Andel's offices.

Steve, just a few minutes earlier, had been touring the Welcome Center with some guests. While I would have liked to have met him, I'm glad we missed him. My kids were on a major sugar high from all the goodies Beth Dornan gave them, so he was spared their singing and dancing around the lobby.

Below, carved in to glass, with water cascading over these pillars, are the founding principles of the Amway Corporation.
FREEDOM - FAMILY - HOPE - REWARD


Amway supports the fundamental FREEDOM of people to determine their own future, allowing them the time and resources to protect and nurture their FAMILY. Offering HOPE to individuals and the opportunity to receive REWARD in proportion to their efforts.

The Leadership wing of the Welcome Center acknowledges the distributors, IBOs, and ABOs from the 80-plus countries and territories where Amway operates around the world.


Along the walls are screens that one can search Diamonds and above by Market or by Pin Level.



The kids got comfortable in the 70-seat theatre


and we watched The Ripple Effect, a  five-minute visual story. Our lives form ripples. Our actions and decisions and words do affect others. What kind of ripples are you creating?



(to be continued...) Amway Visit Part Two

3 comments:

rocket said...

I think I'm leaving fantastic ripples! How about you?

Ironman said...

Thanks for the inside look Bridgett! I'm leaving positive ripples that will last beyond my lifetime!

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.